Information regarding your privacy and this website.
Below are clear details of the information collected and its use.
- Anonymous data is collected each time you access the site (this includes your I.P. address and pages visited). This is common practice with most sites on the internet. This data is used to allow blocking of those abusing the site as well as providing a better understanding of what users like you want. The data collected is not used for other purposes.
- Cookies are placed on your computer to recognise you when you comment, so you do not have to re-enter your information, and to help discern if you have already responded to polls, and the like. Please remember if you are using a public computer to clear your cookies once you are finished.
- Gravatars are used by this site. Your email address (if submitted) is sent in a hashed form to gravatar.com to check whether you have an account there and if so display your personalised avatar.
There is code on the site to display advertising from Google’s Adsense programme. This code collects a variety of information according to Google’s policies. Advertising is on this site as a means to offset (some of) the cost of running it, including, but not limited to, web-hosting and domain registration.
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to you based on your visits to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.
- You may opt out of personalised advertising by visiting Google’s Ad Setting at https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
- Further information about Google’s advertising can be found at https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
- You can opt out of some third-party vendors’ uses of cookies for personalised advertising by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- For further information on how Google uses data collected on this site and others like it visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.